Monday, September 5, 2011

It's almost here!

The Living Lutheran Creed is just five days away! It's time to extend one more invitation to your congregation, neighbors and friends. Write a press release and let your local newspaper know. Figure out where you'll stand and what your sign will say. Will you have props, a chair or anyone else with you?

I'm still scheming about my own location and plans, but here's what I've got so far:

There's an exit ramp from 35W near my congregation. Someone is usually standing there asking for help, so I'll ask if I can join them. If not there, then nearby in the Tangletown-Kingfield neighborhood.

I'll have my 7 month old son along. We'll have a camping chair, a blanket and some toys for him, but hopefully he'll be able to spend some time in the front carrier helping me hold my sign. I sure hope the weather is nice, or I'll need to invent and resort to Plan B.

I might make little flyers in case people roll down their windows and ask me what the heck I'm doing. Since we won't have long to chat, it will be good to send people off with information about what they just witnessed.

I think my sign will say something like, "I believe God's not finished with the church yet...so neither am I."

I'm excited to hear about Living Creed experiences from all over the country. Bring a video camera or take pictures of your sign making parties, interview people at noon about their experience or show how the signs are used at church the following morning. Share your stories by commenting on this blog or by contacting me directly.

To avoid spam, I'm not going to post my email address here. But you can reach me through my congregation's website and contact page: www.stjohnsmpls.org.

When I get nervous or awkward or receive a fantastic reaction, I'll be encouraged by all of you, trusting that there are lots of us proclaiming all over the place! Thanks for participating and BE BOLD!


1 comment:

  1. St. Peter's Lutheran in Elgin, TX are getting signs ready and a flyer for those that approach us to invite them to a special 9/11 service.

    ReplyDelete